• Date • TBD • TBD • Yantra Yoga lead by Dewey Ambrosino • TBD • Monthly Santi Maha Sangha Study Group lead by Dr. Michael Hass • Followed by Ganapuja as time permits • Place • TBD SMS: Discussion and Practice : 'Precious Vase', Chapter #4 from item 5.5 Please address any questions or concerns to Sanford Bardwell Dzcommunityla@gmail.com
• Date • TBD • Time • TBD • Place • Karavan Dance Studio 1626 S Central Ave, Glendale, CA 91204 Please address any questions or concerns to Sanford Bardwell Dzcommunityla@gmail.com
• Date • Dec 3 - Dec 6 • Time • Weekdays 10 am – 12 Noon & 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm, Weekends 10 am – 12 Noon & 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm • Place • Dondrubling in Berkeley, California During this retreat we’ll try to learn something about all aspects of the Mandarava Long-life and Sogtig practices according to Rinpoche’s most recent teachings: its origin, meaning and benefits, the symbolism of the mandala, the melodies, mudras and use of ritual instruments. We’ll learn the long version, short version and the very essential version, as well as some of the tsalung practices. For more information, please go to the Dondrubling website, Click here to go to
Berkeley's Dondrubling website or contact Dawa firstname.lastname@example.org
• Date • December 12 - 15 • Time • 10:00 AM - 5:30 PM • Place • Yoga Tree/ Yoga Works Mission Studio San Francisco • Cost • $440 The Eight Movements of Yantra Yoga is a unique series of postures and movements combined with conscious breathing that helps to purify, coordinate, and harmonize the body’s energy so the mind can find its authentic balance. It is a superb method for attaining optimal health and relaxation through breath and movement. This course is the first part of a two part, 55 Hours, teachers’ certification training, with internationally renowned Senior Yantra Yoga Instructor Fabio Andrico. Andrico will help participants discover the real essence of this potent and transformative practice by clarifying its rich theory and practice. For more information, please go to the Dondrubling website, Click here to go to Berkeley's Dondrubling website
• Date • December 17 - 20 • Time • Thursday 6-8P, Friday through Sunday 10-12:30pm and 4-6pm • Place • Dondrubling in Berkeley, California Please join us for this opportunity to learn kumbhaka with senior yantra yoga instructor Fabio Andrico. This course is reserved for Dzogchen Community members. Cost for entire course is $210, early bird registration $185 by Dec.10. $35/session for those with previous experience. For more information, please go to the Dondrubling website, Click here to go to Berkeley's Dondrubling website or contact Luke email@example.com
Next World Wide Transmission Sunday - February 21st 2016 - 19.00 PDT Anniversary of Garab Dorje Click here to connect WHEN LIVE Click here for future Worldwide Transmission Dates
Retreat Schedule of Jim Valby: Nov 27-29, 2015, Tsegyalgar East, Conway, MA, SMS Level Two Dec 4-8, 2015, Dekyitling, San Jose, Costa Rica, SMS Base: Purification and Enlightenment Dec 11-15, 2015, Pelzomling, Mexico City, Mexico, SMS Base: Anuyoga Inside Dzogchen Dec 17-21, 2015, Tsegyalgar West, Baja California, Mexico, SMS Base: Mahayoga Inside Dzogchen Dr. Jim Valby has been a student of Dzogchen Master Chögyal Namkhai Norbu since 1982. He earned his doctorate in Far Eastern Studies under Herbert Guenther at the University of Saskatchewan in 1983, focusing on the texts of Shrisingha and Vimalamitra. He participates in Dzogchen Community projects, helping to prepare English translations from Tibetan texts. He has taught the essence of the theory and practice of Sutra, Tantra, and Dzogchen at more than 214 retreats in 81 locations of 31 countries. He is an authorized instructor for the Base, First, and Second Levels of SantiMaha Sangha (SMS). He lives in Western Massachusetts, USA. Our Dec 4-8, 2015 retreat at Dekyitling in San Jose, Costa Rica has the title: SMS Base: Purification and Enlightenment We will study general buddhist and non-buddhist ideas about purification. We will study and practice purification, using sutra renunciation, tantric transformation, and dzogchen self-liberation. Our Dec 11-15, 2015 retreat at Pelzomling in Mexico City has the title: SMS Base: Anuyoga Inside Dzogchen We will learn how to apply many details of instantaneous anuyoga transformation inside dzogchen transmission. Our Dec 17-21, 2015 retreat at Tsegyalgar West Baja has the title: SMS Base: Mahayoga Inside Dzogchen We will learn how to apply many details of gradual mahayoga transformation inside dzogchen transmission.
November 27-29th, 2015 and stay for a holiday retreat in December! A Seminar on Regenerative Agriculture, Agroforestry & Biodynamics with Jose Avina, Baja Master Gardener Discover how being in nature can empower your life and practice Consider staying on for the month of December to partake in Jim Valby's Mahayoga inside Dzogchen and Nina Robinson's Mandarava retreats and take the time to immerse in a personal retreat in the spectacular tropical beauty and warmth of Los Naranjos, our international Dzogchen Commununity retreat land! With 18 casitas and a marvelous retreat setting, we invite you to come and enjoy the holiday season at our tropical winter getaway with amazing low rates starting at $450/month for accommodations and deepen your practice. Check out our website at www.tsegyalgarwest.org for all information and to register. See attached flyers in Spanish and English for more details on the upcoming Permaculture retreats. For more information and the 2015/16 TW Retreat Schedule, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org Dedicated to the long life and every accomplishment of our Maestro, may his vision be fulfilled!
The Los Angeles Community welcomes contributors to communal blog space. Join us in the virtual town square. Come one, come all : share your voices, words, pictures and video. Gregg Johnson has contributed an historical chronicle of the birth and growth of Los Angeles/Southern California Dzogchen Community. "A Relaxed View: the arising of the Los Angeles/Southern California Dzogchen Community" Dani Colajacomo has contributed the story of his first encounter with Rinpoche. "The Helicopter of the Dharma: the tale of one student's first encounter with Chögyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche" Michael Hass has contributed a poem, "The Pino" Michael was inspired to write this poem following his most recent interaction with Rinpoche. Click here to enter the blog >>
The Mirror, a periodic publication of the Dzogchen Community, welcomes submissions of brief Articles & or Photos. please send submissions to: email@example.com