To All Members and Friends of the Shang Shung Institute and Tsegyalgar East:
The Shang Shung Institute and Tsegyalgar East both have their main institutional home in a handful of buildings in and around Conway, Massachusetts. These buildings include:
- The Schoolhouse in Conway, which is now the home to
- The Shang Shung Institute of America’s bookstore.
- The Shang Shung Institute of America’s School of Tibetan Medicine, a licensed private occupational school.
- The Tsegyalgar East Gompa, a center of learning and Dzogchen lineage activities.
- Khandroling, 220 acres of mountaintop land in nearby Buckland, Massachusetts, which includes:
- Retreat cabins.
- Rinpoche’s cabin, originally built for visits by Chögyal Namkhai Norbu.
- The Vajra Hall, a center for Vajra Dance and other specific practices in the Dzogchen tradition.
- A dark retreat cabin, adjacent to Khandroling, that is used for personal retreats for specific practices in the Dzogchen tradition.
Our capital campaign is raising funds to make renovations and improvements to these facilities. Our campaign runs through May 29, and we are hoping that you will support this vital project with a donation. We have already raised over $4,500 – please help us keep this momentum going! A number of generous donors have agreed to match donations up to a total of $12,500, so your donation will have double the impact!!
DONATE TO OUR CAPITAL FUNDRAISING CAMPAIGN HERE.
Thank you for your support!
Tsegyalgar East Gakyil
Repairs underway at Rinpoche’s Cabin, which will be used for personal retreats by members of the community once the repairs are completed.