Shang Shung Institute: Diagnostics of Tibetan Medicine, Pulse and Urine Analysis
|January 13th-23rd, 2012.
|Students will be introduced to the practical theory of investigating and examining the basis of an illness through the primary components of diagnosis in the Tibetan tradition: pulse analysis and urinalysis.|
Students will learn:
- preliminaries to checking the pulse
- the normal healthy pulse
- the three types of healthy pulses: male, female and boddhisattva
- the 12 amazing pulses
- seasonal pulses
- diseased pulses including pulses of the three humors and hot and cold disorders
- basic practical experience of the characteristics of the healthy and diseased pulses
- preliminaries of checking the urine
- the normal healthy urine
- the theory and practice of checking the color, vapor, smell, bubbles, sediment and film to diagnose disorders of the three humors and diseases of hot and cold nature.
January 13th: 2-6pm
January 14th - 22nd: 8:30am - 12:30pm and 2 - 6pm
January 23rd: 8:30am - 12:30pm
This course is open to the public.