Shang Shung Institute: Diagnostics of Tibetan Medicine, Pulse and Urine Analysis
Students will be introduced to the practical theory of investigating and examining the basis of an illness through the primary components of diagnosis in the Tibetan tradition: pulse analysis and urinalysis.
Students will learn:
- preliminaries to checking the pulse
- the normal healthy pulse
- the three types of healthy pulses: male, female and boddhisattva
- the 12 amazing pulses
- seasonal pulses
- diseased pulses including pulses of the three humors and hot and cold disorders
- basic practical experience of the characteristics of the healthy and diseased pulses
- preliminaries of checking the urine
- the normal healthy urine
- the theory and practice of checking the color, vapor, smell, bubbles, sediment and film to diagnose disorders of the three humors and diseases of hot and cold nature.
January 13th: 2-6pm
January 14th - 22nd: 8:30am - 12:30pm and 2 - 6pm
January 23rd: 8:30am - 12:30pm
This course is open to the public.